Wednesday, June 22

Ketchup

Not much new on the wedding front, although we decided that instead of trying to plan for the celebration this year, we'd wait until next summer and get married here, in beautiful Colorado. I think most people expect us to do a destination wedding, which is tempting but I think the beach weddings are overdone and besides, we'd still have to throw a big party when we got back because most of our friends wouldn't be able to go. SV has been in Boulder since the 80's so it makes sense to stay here. We have a gorgeous backdrop and great summertime weather. What more do you need?

As for my recovery, I have made my return to the ice playing in my lunch time league again. Although my leg isn't 100%, skating is good for it and the non-super-competitiveness of the lunch time league is a good way to ease back into playing hockey and building up my confidence again. I do have a greater respect for the NHLers that I watch coming back from injury. I used to wonder why they were playing if they couldn't play at 100% and their skills not up to their own par. Now I get it. It's mostly a mind game of having the confidence to return and be what you once were, especially when you still feel a weakness in your body. Mine is compounded by the fact I had two in a row, but I'll get there. I have missed it, but you all know that.

Summer is starting off with an appetizing bang. Even though we've been talking about getting a little charcoal grill for the deck (another option besides gas-grilling), I took the hint when SV came home with the biggreenegg brochures one week before his birthday that the measly Weber wasn't going to cut it. It was a big gouge in the check book but he is thrilled. Between his mad pork-pulling skills and my continuing culinary expansion, our dinner guests seem to be walking away very fat and happy.

Good thing I can burn off these calories now that there are two cooks in the house.

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Hussein Monkerstein said...

Who are you and why have you taken over Kristi's blog?

kirby said...

A BGE? I'm jealous.

SkylersDad said...

Nice to see you out here again Kristi!

Dad E said...

Thanks for the update. Wish I could get out to see you this summer but . . .

Red said...

EG has developed mad grilling skills with natural charcoal and wood chips. Ask him if you're interested.

That's a good lookin' bald man you're engaged to, GKL. Congrats again.